Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Today went out to makan Dimsum buffet

Went out with my pharmacy classmates to celebrate KX and SH's BD during our (or rather my) 4 hrs long lunch break - in between DFD3 and IP.

FE, SL, AL and me actually was thinking of going off to pepper lunch when be bumped into J and JC on the bus. They told us about the lunch, and my group actually had to flip a coin to determine the fate of the afternoon as we felt like we were gatecrashing without the BD gift.

Eventually the coin toss decided dimsum buffet it was. We went to Riverview Restaurant (but no river to see one) at Excelsior-Peninsular Hotel @ SGD$10.50 +++ per person for lunch.

Volume of the food was good but quality-wise, it was palatable for that kind of low low price. I'm a fan of guo tie and xiao long bao, but I must say theirs CMI. Even the vinegar used seemed watered down. One classmate attempted to order some 18 pieces of har gao which never came. The orders may have been mixed up.

The good stuff:
-Porridge
-Sweet and sour pork
-Pepper beef
-Deep fried shrimp dumplings
-Guiling gao (some people may not like the taste of Danggui and it's on the bitter side - limited to 1 bowl per person Sianz0.5)
-Cha shao bao
-Cha shao sou
-Har gao

Farnie thing was the guys at my table like Guiling gao more than the girls! I'm not for vanity but I like the herby taste.

Once again HAPPY BD to KX and SH (long time lab partner)

No comments: