Sunday, March 25, 2007

Skipping an blood donation don't mix!!!

Before the prices for using the swimming pool near by skyrocketed because of some stupid water slide, I would go swimming one day after blood donation. Since I can't swim, I went skipping as usual. Although my 31st blood donation (yes... the sister's jaws nearly dropped) was on Thursday, my blood volume had not fully recovered so I was having a series of mini orthostatic hypotension while skipping =.= *headache*

Alamak NUH also changed to chlorhexidine / IPA disinfectant for predonation disinfection... I don't really like this disinfectant due to the low residual effect - some people still have opened wounds after pressing for some time like moi. I prefer good olde iodine. Lidat the nurse also do not need to scrub and kill my flesh and cause haematoma ... I escaped from HSA to NUH and now they follow that practice. Verli sianz 0.5.

Even for the sake of vanity, I do not like chlorhexidine /IPA.

Had a nice day chatting up with 2 M3 students there donating blood. There I found that not many people know much about my future profession. Must educate!

A lot of people who donate remain naïve about what goes on during donation and who their blood is being process. Perhaps HSA - Centre for Transfusion Medicine or Donorweb could do something? Pleasssseeee.

No comments: