Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Orientation

Today HR conducted orientation.

I think i went overboard - I'm lidat when I'm having fun. I usu carry myself too far and my mouth startes to sprout offensive stuff - like linguistic Tourette's. I hope I didn't offend anyone out there.

Actually should orientate us with the docs and nurses - more fun. We could buddy one another to make workflow better.

HR told us we should be able to recognise the key docs via faces but the fact is we recognise them mainly thru' the scriptual handwriting =p.

The gang of nurses are very fun. Never expected that they have the occasional bout of insanity to cope with the stressful nature of their work - very far cry from my very stoic mom. May be because different field of speciality. Very fun nurses.

I started with triage on Tuesday - I was deemed lucky that I wasn't scolded by any patient (yet) - mum trained me to be a thick skin so I think I should not have a problem. Had facial cramp from smiling too much.

Had an interesting view of patient behaviour - even had one that brought shopping list of meds and a calculator to calculate her supplements needed to tide her over her next TCU. In the end rejected the whole lot because it was not written by the doc and not subsidised.

We are pharmacotherapists - we are there to make sense of your treatment and there to ensure rational drug supply and use. We are not anyhow suppliers. If it's detrimental, we have the right to refuse to dispense.

I think I need a pricelist on standby as patients kept asking for drug prices (esp those with external scripts) - had to check for one patient until kena reprimand from one of the PTs for holding up the queue then the patient started to apologise profusely - patient first like they say, I got thick skin anyway - may be too thick though.

No comments: