Friday, September 28, 2007

Wah!!! Can get heat stroke ah!!!

Today got miracle - our always full wards suddenly emptied! Not for cleaning but just emptied - likely due to PSLE

Seriously, guys like me who have to wear the thick thick long sleeved jacket with a long sleeve shirt with tie are at serious risk of having heat stroke in the non air-con wards. Pls Pls let me wear short sleeve w/o tie like the loo-goons and perhaps just give me a coloured tag to mark me as pharmacist instead. Can can can? The jacket exudes professional image but then I risk being coded.

I think after encountering something, I'll make an initiative to nag at docs and nurses when Is tart my ward checks - PLEASE INCLUDE THE CORRECT DOSAGE FORM IN THE IMR!!! Some patient used miconazole powder - IMR oni wrote 2% miconazole. Patient used 2% powder in the ward, doc transcribed as 2% cream and I'm just lucky they never used 2% oral gel on the privates! It's for both the patient and the doc's benefit as it avoids embarassing events.

My dosing still not up to par. Today kena wacked 2 questions that i've not encountered yet during my OP stint - neonatal procedural prophylaxis (I apologise because I can't understand the Dx wrt Indian accent), had to pass over to my senior pharmacist who have chatted with the doc b4, afterall ICU was her war ground, Usu I get malathion scripts for scabies but some patient got permethrin - neber used before this marigold extract on human beings!!! So luckily SP came to my rescue - apparently, the protocol for use is like that of Malathion.

Need to read read read read read read read read and memorise...

No comments: