Monday, May 28, 2007

First day at work

Starting off as a part time med. packer at my pre-reg centre.

Quite impressed with the camaraderie - the Pharmacists actually sat together in the pantry to makan and chit chat during lunch! Too bad no cooking facilities except for microwave and toaster oven, if not can whip up something *shhhh - acts lazy*.

The PP @ the retail pharmacy very gungho and siao-onst. Young looking some more!

Pray that I do not make any more mistakes with packing - I keep forgeting to initial one: until my last stint, the PT wanted to institute a fine for me =p.

- Pasting labels is an art. A lot of craft needed. Must judge where to paste label. I was deemed a corner person due to my preference to align my labels to the edge instead of making it centralise horizontally.

- Peds dosing a bit new to me. A bit of wastage of meds here and there. And it seems that there is a limit for paracetamol dispense - usually the amount is more than enough to control fever as compared to use as a long term painkiller - if not patient would be hording paracetamol at home! Must remember to zap the standardised dosing table.

- The thorn discovered that the roses that work there have snorkling hols!!! @@

- Must remember to zap the special form for claims that come with certain prescription

- Must remember to check for partial fill before vandalising the script =p

- tablet counter special formula = (n^2 + n)/2 where n = row number.

No comments: