Sunday, June 03, 2007

End of the week

Brought AC's mummy and her best friend out to SBG yesterday then makaned chicken rice @ Chatterbox. Preferred Dong Fong Fa's one though - cheap and good.

Just pointed out the interesting plants to them - my canto sucked big time. Very tongue-tied for words at time - hardly speak it at home.

After that, smelly and sweaty went to donate blurd. Long queue for weekends. Dang! Wan my blurd or not? I no time one lehz. My workplace seriously need blurd bank besides the cord one - hubby can go and donate while the LPs go do their thing with their gynae (the tunnel-visioned thingy) - just nice also since all the FUs are about the same timing as the blood donation intervals.

Used the term "Triage" wrongly - supposed to determine which patient is sicker and need more immediate attention vas seeing who is healthy enough to give blurd. Met a (f) doctor same age as me and as usual, the stupid mouth blew the chance of dating.

I have the #@$% vein closure problem when I donate blurd - so I told the missy that I need to allow it to stop bleeding b4 I leave. Std protocol while in NUH was to wait until stop, plaster, gauze then bandage. Blurd bank plaster is the super good 3M type, so no need gauze. Missy said once wound close liaoz, no nid to do as per NUH as the plaster is different. So left the centre and started bleeding again. Plaster turned red once I reached home =p. Luckily nothing much serious. So next time I seriously need to do the same protocol as per NUH .

Went to shop around for stuff then realised that WE HAVE AN ISLAND-WIDE SHORTAGE OF TAU-SAR KEE CHANGS!!!

Took the express bus to church ladda to meet with a bad example of (maybe) Singaporean courtesy (since I did not verify anyone's citizenship). Bus was packed at one of the stops, a lady with a BB in her arms came up without a place to sit. Waited for 2 stops, no one gave up seat, so I stood up and signalled to her to take over. Some ah lian rushed over while on her phone and decide to slip into the seat. I had to poke her on her shoulder then point at the approaching lady. The girl ought to have some manners. Nearly fainted standing for nearly 1 hr if not for the side bar for leaning.

Plonked into bed once I reached home. Darn tired.

I seriously need to up my RAM for the comp, even PubMedding is a drag.

No comments: